23.05.2024, 11:48 UTC+2

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

16.03.2014, 21:50

michael kors purse holder A reflection for One World Week

a reflection for One World Week
Each hero on this planet. We all inhabit one world jointly. this valuable, consequently, Is the message of One World Week.
Christian louboutin outlet so very, Simple and yet so hard to put into practice.
What would the world look like if we valued everyone as being of equal worth? Or to ask the question in reversed order: Why do we discover it so hard to value people equally?
What do we learn from Luke's story of Lazarus (section 16) since the rich man (Who oddly, not really given a name)? The rich man ignored the plight of Lazarus at his front door day after day. Why did he accomplish this? Why was he blind to Lazarus' necessitates? Because he was wearing purple and fine linen, And Lazarus only agreed to be a beggar, A nothing, A non sufferer. And God judged him harshly for his blindness to the needs of a fellow human being.
As Abraham says in the storyline: 'The message of Moses and the prophets is clear, But the rich man's folks are deaf to them. And if it doesn't listen to Moses and the prophets,michael kors purse holder, Neither will they be convinced even if someone else rises from the dead.'
So what are we to make of the parable of Lazarus and the rich man as utilized by today? Where do we place inside ourselves the story of Lazarus and the rich man? And what's going to it take to convince us as a society to share our wealth more equitably? Where would look for Lazarus today? And where would we look for the modern day equivalents of the rich man?
yesterday morning I was in London, And happened Christian louboutin shoes Replica to gain a copy of the Evening Standard. One story took my eye:
City's 7bn bonus boys are extremely popular lap of luxury
A boom in hedonistic 'greed is good' expenses are sweeping through London after two years of recessionary restraint. West End retail outlets, Clubs and restaurants say that they have been astonished by the sudden spike in guilt free spending in recent weeks on a scale that would have been unthinkable even six months ago.
A spokesperson for Selfridges said: 'Stuff is just flying off our book shelves. There are a number of 1,000 plus shoes on the market in our new Shoe Galleries.' chiefly popular are Alexander McQueen Loki'angle boots at 2,195 a pair and stacee Louboutin Margot platform shoes costing 1,575.
Sales of 695 Alexa purses are up,christian louboutin new simple pump 85mm, And it is apparently almost impossible to get your hands on a 120 bottle of Special Cuvee Bollinger (bubbly if you didn't know), As demand is so healthy.
aside from the shocking sums of money involved, The phrase in the article that stuck out for me was the idea of 'guilt free spending' If you've got the money you can have what you wish for guilt free as the advert goes 'because you're worth it.'
this can be Gospel of Greed is Good. if you've got it flaunt it. The Prosperity Gospel as some Christians would've us believe: Great wealth is a sign of God's blessing.
I'm sure the rich man in Jesus' time was also 'guilt free' as he feasted snugly every day. But his great affluence, Far from being a sign of God's blessing, Was what's causing it for God's judgement.
we might all, deep down, Long for thinking day on bankers' bonuses. And we may feel righteous anger at the injustice of so few enjoying so much when so many suffer decline of recession and cuts.
This week's report from the Equality and Human Rights commission payment, transaction fee,compensation this week 'How fair is Britain?' made salutary searching: Here are one or two 'highlights' (when you call them that)
The total wealth of the top 10% of the UK public at 853,000 is nearly 100 times higher in contrast to the poorest 10%, merely 8,800?
Men in the actual socio economic group can expect to live around 7 years longer than men in the lower groups?
Nearly three fifishoesreplica.tumblr.com sectors of Bangladeshi children in Britain grow up in poverty?
Asylum seekers are greatly subjected to experience destitution (Lacking Christian louboutin shoes Replica having access to shelter, character and food) Than other communities
What is your response to these statistics of inequality: rage, shock, Sadness or merely a shrug of the shoulder? Or as a banker put it in a book I read a few months ago, 'It's a fact of modern life replica christian louboutin boots there is disparity and 'is it fair or unfair?' is not a valid ask yourself. It's just the way it is and you have to get on with it.or,--
Downton Abbey: a good parable of status anxiety
in the last few weeks I've become a fan of ITV's latest costume drama, Downton Abbey. Downton Abbey is actually a story about life in a large Edwardian country house and I mean large. An estate of hundreds of acres, dogs, horse, And a rigid social bureaucracy above and below stairs. a lot of sites their place, From the noble Lord whose life's work has been to take care of the estate, To the lowly maid who can't even show her face above stairs. of this offence, She was shown up and humiliated opposite her peers. main points her crime: endeavoring to leave service, it is possible to, Horror of disasters, to become secretary. In the rigidly stratified huge Downton Abbey this was clearly an affront the natural order of things.
Do we still believe these things today? definitely not, I find out you say. i will be, In the great words of the American metabolic rate,michael kors bags under 150, put together free, And free to be and that they are what we want.
but probably. nevertheless, We continue to live in a society in which some are clearly valued more highly than others. In which Premiership football players can earn more in one week than the average worker earns in almost 8 years. And in which one in four children is still being brought up in a household in poverty.

http://forum.endwelt.ru/index.php?page=T…threadID=308475

http://zeldazone.dragonbyte.de/tfforum/i…hreadID=1086438

http://www.das-leben-spielt.at/wbb2/thre…?threadid=79662

http://tvg-hermsdorf.de/bb/index.php?pag…threadID=233509

http://www.3rdfleet.united-powers.de/boa…threadID=103296